Finished reading Kafka on the Shore, by Maruki Murakami. The novel was given to me by a dear teacher of mine over a year ago, but regretfully I did not have a real opportunity to read it until just a few months ago. A truly remarkable - if not peculiar -book, Murakami’s attention to detail (especially food) was what I enjoyed the most.
Next up on my summer reading list:
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- Eeeee Eee Eeee by Tao Lin
- The Hobbit by Tolken
- Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski
- The Extra Man by Jonathan Ames (finally)
- Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut (again)